Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Go Ahead Honey, Oaxacan Cuisine is Gluten Free Roundup

November is drawing to a close, so it's time to take a look at the recipes contributed for this month's Go Ahead Honey, It's Gluten Free with the theme of Oaxacan Cuisine.





Friedl of Kitchen Fun submitted a recipe for Chicken Mole. I'm very excited that this blogger from Belgium tried her hand at Oaxacan Cuisine and got to enjoy the delicious results!










Valerie of City Life Eats submitted a recipe for Cinnamon Chipotle Chocolate Ice Cream. I'm very excited to try this recipe. It not only combines three delicious flavors, but it's dairy free as well.










My recipe is for Cranberry Mole--a new side dish for Thanksgiving that packs sweet and smoky with some kick. It's one of my new personal favorites, and my best friend even served it for Thanksgiving in Alaska, where it was a big hit.







Thank you so much to my contributors. I hope that you enjoyed discovering Oaxacan Cuisine as much as I did. I'm looking forward to next month's theme of Go Ahead Honey, It's Gluten Free, where Carol of Simply Gluten-Free will host the theme of Family Traditions. Sounds like a great incentive to make a traditional holiday recipe gluten free.



3 comments:

Naomi Devlin said...

Kajora - I was so excited about this and then when I finally managed to get time to make a mole negro, it was delicious, delicious! well it was delicious right up until I added the chocolate and then it was just weird and worse than the sum of it's parts.

I was planning to write a humorous post about it and give the recipe for mole rojo without the chocolate - but I am phenomenally busy right now and the deadline just galloped by.

Thank you so much for hosting. I hope you can contribute next month.

Naomi x x x

• friX • said...

Hello,

Nice to see my entry in the list :-) It tasted really good, so thanks for the idea, I would never have made something like that without your post about Oaxacan Cuisine.

Kajora Lovely said...

I'm glad that I helped you both try new recipes. Thanks for the effort Naomi, that sounds like it could be quite a funny experience. I really enjoyed hosting.