Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lebanese Lunch


The morning after our first meal, I woke up and to Sarge and Nanny making breakfast. Serrano had gone with Sarge to the store earlier, and they picked up gluten free Bisquick so that I could have pancakes with everyone else. I had it with eggs and sausage and was stuffed as usual.


For lunch, Nanny and Sarge took Serrano and I to the Olive Tree in Milford. It's a Middle Eastern restaurant and deli that had many different dishes. 


They had Syrian salad (left) and Tabbouleh (right). The main difference is that Tabbouleh has mint, much more parsley, and wheat germ. Otherwise, the vegetables are mostly the same. 


They had grape leaves stuffed with rice, onions, and some seasoned ground beef. 


And of course, they had one of my all time favorites--hummus. They had small containers with seasoning and pine nuts on top, but they also had large containers of this available. 


Serrano and I split this for lunch. It was a plate of grape leaves, Syrian salad, seasoned lamb, and hummus. It was fresh and delicious. 


For dinner, we went to Trattoria Roma in Huntington (which is a part of Shelton). Sarge called them beforehand and asked if they would cook quinoa pasta that we would bring in, and they agreed to. I had the whole box of spaghetti with Bolognese sauce, and it was delicious. By the time it came I was so hungry I forgot to take a picture of it. I ate most of it, but when we got back Nanny made me this sundae with gluten free cookies for dessert. It was yummy, but Nanny has a tendency to overdo it with desserts, and I was so stuffed that I made Serrano help me finish it.



No comments: